Hike The Parks: Joshua Tree National ParkMOUNTAINEERS BOOKS
Experienced hiker and guidebook author and Southern California native Scott Turner has been exploring Joshua Tree National Park for years, fostering a deep knowledge of its geography and natural and human history. Here he provides distinct guidance for choosing the perfect hike to experience the unique landscape of the Mojave and Sonoran Deserts.
Attractive, all-color guidebook packed with info to help readers choose activities that meet their interests:
- Day hikes from 1 to 10 miles, with elevation from 250 to 1500 feet
- Distances and elevations measured in both US Standard and metric
- Information on park campgrounds and lodges
- Park basics: visitor centers, must-see sights and activities, permits and fees, fun facts, gateway towns, and more
- Overview of flora and fauna and the effects of climate change in the park