- Floor Staff Member position
- Ski Tech position
- descriptions below -
Floor Staff/Management Position
The Mountaineer is actively hiring for floor staffing positions with potential for management and departmental responsibilities driven by fit & performance. Nationally recognized for excellence in specialty retail, The Mountaineer is known for its curation of best-in-class equipment & apparel and the expertise of our seasoned staff. We are seeking energetic, knowledgeable individuals that can provide outstanding customer service and the satisfying buying experience that our loyal user base has come to expect.
The Staff position encompasses:
- Customer engagement and assistance across departments, technical expertise in rock & ice climbing a plus
- Opening and closing of store during year-round operations
- Ongoing store appearance, merchandise presentation, stocking, and basic daily cleaning functions
- Register support and general customer flow during busy season
- Building and expanding upon a strong understanding of our departments and offerings
- Contributing to overall staff dynamic, operational enhancements and overall store performance
We are seeking individuals that bring some combination of retail experience, technical experience and a passion for outdoor activities, strong product and/or discipline knowledge, and experience working in a fast-paced service environment. Some weekend coverage will be required, and we are seeking candidates capable of committing 30-40 hours/week to a year-round posiiton. Local Adirondack knowledge and prior professional experience (e.g. guide work, industry rep, etc) are beneficial. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
E-mail us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Ski Tech/Bench Position
The Mountaineer seeks a qualified ski technician to join our team for part-time work in the ski workshop. Extensive previous experience not required (we can train) but some degree of fluency in drilling and mounting skis is a must.
This detail-oriented position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- New Ski mounting with 3-Pin Style Bindings,
- NNNBC XC Bindings,
- Dynafit Alpine Touring Bindings,
- G3 Alpine Touring Bindings,
- Plum Alpine Touring Bindings,
- Voile Telemark Bindings, 22 Designs Telemark Bindings
- Atomic (Salomon) Shift Alpine Bindings
Must be able to assess existing binding mounts for a remount (when necessary), basic binding repairs on models mentioned above, adjustment of above manufacturer mounts to specs provided by manufacturer as well as adjusting all RV/safety settings. All tools provided. Some degree of retail experience in selling Backcountry Ski gear is a plus, but not required. Compensation commensurate with experience.
E-mail us! email@example.com.