Aptly named, the X-Dream not only features two different picks to change the angle for ice or mixed climbing, but it also incorporates a patented adjustment system in the handle to fine tune the swing or pull even further. A quick turn of the allen bolt above the grip allows the tools to be switched between Dry and Ice positions by changing the angle of the handle in relation to the angle of the pick. In the Dry position, the handle kicks upward for a more down and out pull. The Ice position drops the handle for a more natural swing. The picks function much the same way. The Dry pick features a more aggressive downward curve while the Ice pick levels out the swing for vertical ice. Both picks feature the refined beak and tooth configuration Cassin and CAMP tools are known for. They are designed to provide solid sticks with minimal penetration making them the perfect choice for brittle ice and techy mixed terrain. Climbers can further refine the X-Dream with the micro-adjustable trigger finger ledge (choose from two inserts that can be flipped over to adjust the position).
- Technical Ice & Mixed Climbing
- Hyperlight, fully featured technical mixed, dry and ice tool
- Patented handle can be changed between Dry and Ice angles
- 2 different picks (Dry or Ice) further refine the angle for different styles of climbing
- Micro-adjustable trigger finger ledge
- Optional pommel attaches to the shaft for a third ledge