Bishop Bouldering SelectAirlie Anderson & McKenzie Long
Bishop, located in California’s Owen’s River Valley is one of the best bouldering areas in the world. Enjoy hundreds of high-quality problems from beginner-friendly romps to standard-setting testpieces. Add a backdrop of magnificent mountain scenery, consistently sunny weather, cheap camping, free hot springs, and convenient amenities in the town of Bishop, and you have the ultimate bouldering destination.
Bishop Bouldering Select is a full-color guidebook is packed with action photography to help inspire your next effort. Don’t let the word “select” lead you to thinking that you’ll be missing out. Included are all the best areas with over 600 problems, with maps, topos, and photos to help you find your way in the maze of boulders.
- Compact size and durable, sewn cover
- 600+ problems — all the popular areas and all you’ll ever need
- Mick Ryan’s original 2007 watercolor art
- Essays by Doug Robinson, Dale Bard, Alex Johnson, and others
- Action photography by Jeff Deikis, Ken Etzel, Boone Speed, John Sherman, Jim Thornburg, John Wesely, et al
- Every book purchase benefits the Bishop Climbers’ Coalition
- Rock Creek
- Happy and Sad boulders
- Druid Stones
- Buttermilk Country – roadside and backcountry